- Real-life leadership and ministry opportunities
- Local and overseas missions trips
- One-on-one mentorship
- Live-in discipleship
- Training from internationally recognised ministries
- Deep-dive training and experience in the supernatural and spiritual gifts
- Training and experience in leading, worship and preaching
- Logistics training in all aspects of ministry life
- Evangelism and outreach program development
- Intensive scripture study
You will be immersed into one of Australia’s most dynamic apostolic communities and have the privilege of engaging at a close and personal level with recognised five-fold leaders within The Way Community.
In this live-in internship and ministry leadership training program, you will dwell together in a communal housing environment (discipleship house) and will engage in various house churches and corporate gatherings. You will contribute into the lifestyle of the Way Community as servant leaders.
You will engage in a lifestyle of Christianity which takes salvation, healing, deliverance and miracles as part of the daily life of the believer and pursues a lifestyle of growing in the fruits of the Spirit, character, holiness, power and love.
As part of this apostolic company of believers and as members of The Greenhouse, you will also be heavily involved in evangelism and missions; with several opportunities for national and international missions throughout the year.
Through intensive study of the scripture and other resources, you will be rooted firmly in the doctrines of Christ to be ready to launch into your next season. This is a live-in discipleship program that requires a high level of commitment to spiritual growth and to the community of believers. Only those interested in this kind of training should apply and continue with this application.
A Unique and Special Opportunity
The Way Community has a unique spiritual culture. It is one of the most vibrant revivalist communities in the country and has a proven history of rapidly raising up, empowering, equipping and releasing leaders who are going to nations throughout the world. We have a strong prophetic culture with an emphasis on worship, prayer and encounter. We believe that we offer a transformational and accelerated ministry development opportunity for those who are hungry to prepare themselves to live life devoted to the work of the Kingdom of God.
You will engage in a 40 week program beginning in February 2019 and concluding in December 2019.
You will work enough hours in the week (casual/part-time, approx. 20 hrs a week) to both support yourself and engage purposefully in ministry.
The 40 week program will run alongside school terms to allow you to have holiday breaks to see family, fund-raise and keep to your study schedule (mission trips permitting).
Your weekly routine will include group morning devotional times. Committed engagement with house churches in the community, regular outreach ministry, weekly apostolic teaching and serving at main meetings.
You will have a mentor assigned to you for weekly one-on-one input from out of the senior leadership of The Way Community. Mentors will do all they can to encourage each disciple in their growth and fruitfulness. Jesus’ way of teaching was highly relational and we recognise that some of the most important qualities are caught rather than taught.
You will also be assigned a host family that will assist you in socially engaging within the community. These relationships will be there to offer support and to help you process the materials and experiences you are learning.
The purpose of the house is:
- to create an atmosphere where you can focus on your studies and ministry with minimal distractions
- where you can live in a culture of kingdom family and community with discipline and accountability
- contributing to the needs of fellow house mates and the wider community
- to participate in shared devotional & worship/prayer times
- where you will share meals, house chores & responsibilities
- training will also take place around practical things such as caring for the property you inhabit, personal finances coaching, and general household and domestic care
You will engage in extensive studies of the scriptures, reading the bible cover to cover within the 40 week period. You will also be assigned other books for study with assessment of assignments based on the materials you have read. You will also do a number of our weekly training night series such as “School of the Spirit”.
You will engage in ministry on a range of levels:
- take turns in leading devotional/worship times within the discipleship house
- assist in the leadership of house churches
- as a team, launch an evangelistic outreach with the support of The Way Community
- volunteer in our food bank
- technical, logistical and administrative training for large meetings and church administration
- local mission trip to a closed indigenous community in the Northern Territory
- 1 overseas mission trip to either Thailand, South America or South Africa
- training from visiting internationally recognised ministries
- deep-dive training and experience in the supernatural and spiritual gifts
- training and experience in leading, worship and preaching